Newmarket: (289) 319-0634
Oakville: (905) 291-6634
St. Catharines (905) 291-5231

Questions & Answers

child support for adult child

Been separated/divorced since 2009 and paying child support. We had a QC agreement but I now live in ON (Military). I was told my QC agreement wasn’t really valid but my ex and I have been using it anyways. (moved in ON Aug 2011). My daughter is now 20 and is in a full-time university which I help pay for fees and books too. She will be done with her 3 year BAC diploma next year. Can I then stop paying for child support? Both parents never went to university. She is planning on continuing beyond her 3-year program. Do I still need to pay for child support? I also heard that I wasn’t required to pay child support during the summer months when she wasn’t in school Is that correct? She works between 15-25 hours a week all year long and a bit more in the summer. I have no problem helping her with the university but child support…

Thank you


— Sylvain M.


Here is an excellent blog written by one of our lawyers. It should answer all your questions.

Ask a Question

All questions submitted will be moderated to determine if they are suitable to appear on the website. Any answers given do not constitute legal advise and are intended for general information only.