Newmarket: (289) 802-2433
Oakville: (905) 291-6634
St. Catharines 905-291-5231

Questions & Answers

common law

I want to separate from my boyfriend of 4 years. We have a son who is 3.Last year I purchased a home under my name only. I saved the down payment money on my own before we got into a relationship. I really want to kick him out because he is emotionally abusive. What are my rights here?

— Liz H.


We have dealt with this situation a few times recently. If he does not voluntarily move out of the home, it is possible to go to court and get an order that he vacate the home on the basis of trespassing on your property. I suggest you book a consultation with one of our lawyers to discuss it in detail. We can help you with this problem.

Ask a Question

All questions submitted will be moderated to determine if they are suitable to appear on the website. Any answers given do not constitute legal advise and are intended for general information only.

Our team can help ease the stress of your family law situation. We offer virtual consultations to suit your busy schedule. Contact us today to get started.

Barrie (866) 602-1685 | Newmarket (289) 802-2433 | Oakville (647) 370-8965 | St. Catharines (905) 291-5231