Newmarket: (289) 802-2433
Oakville: (905) 291-6634
St. Catharines 905-291-5231

Questions & Answers

travel outside of canada

My daughter and I have gone on vacation twice a year during school as that is when I can get time off and the price is right. Her mother has signed all four times but refused to sign this time we have joint custody with me being the primary caregiver and having the final say what are my options to make our traditional family vacation happen ?

— steven d.


Generally speaking, the courts frown on parents who block travel, unless there is a legitimate reason for doing so. For example, a trip to a war-torn country may be refused. So, if you cannot get the consent signed, you could go to court and get a court order that she do so. Your best next step is to set up a consultation with one our lawyers who can discuss the process and your options.

Ask a Question

All questions submitted will be moderated to determine if they are suitable to appear on the website. Any answers given do not constitute legal advise and are intended for general information only.

Our team can help ease the stress of your family law situation. We offer virtual consultations to suit your busy schedule. Contact us today to get started.

Barrie (866) 602-1685 | Newmarket (289) 802-2433 | Oakville (647) 370-8965 | St. Catharines (905) 291-5231