Newmarket: (289) 319-0634
Oakville: (905) 291-6634
St. Catharines (905) 291-5231

Questions & Answers

who pays for an adult child?

My daughter has recently graduated from high school and is working full-time. I quit paying support for her.  Now she is thinking of attending college and living with her boyfriend. Do I still pay support again and if so to whom? Does her mother have to pay her as well for support?

— mike l.


In Ontario, you and your spouse would probably have to share the cost of your daughter's post secondary education costs, after a reasonable contribution by her, in proportion to your incomes. Here is a link to an article about how the costs are shared. Good luck.

Ask a Question

All questions submitted will be moderated to determine if they are suitable to appear on the website. Any answers given do not constitute legal advise and are intended for general information only.